Eric Mair, from Capstone Renewables, will be hosting a Demystifying Renewable Energy presentation on the 8th of August 2009. This is a 90 minute presentation on what can be and, indeed, is being achieved both in the domestic and utility scale markets with renewable energy resources and technology available today.
It is an exciting power point-driven journey from the ubiquitous solar water heater through to the cutting edge of concentrated solar thermal generators.
The presentation also delves into:
- Wind power, looking at both horizontal and vertical axis wind turbines and the advantages of each.
- Ground sourced heat and how it works.
- An overview of hydro-generation, wave and tidal
- And a section on bio-fuels.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is not a highly technical presentation and is aimed at:
- Anyone who wants to know more about renewable energy but didn’t know who to ask.
- Those who feel overloaded by jargon and techno-speak and need an explanation in layman’s terms.
- Anyone who is interested in getting in touch with the latest developments and what is happening globally in the field.
Questions are encouraged during the presentation and there will be an opportunity for discussion afterward as well.
VENUE: Gatehouse, 91 Brommersvlei Rd, Constantia
DATE: August 8th 2009
COST: R50 per person
Space is limited at this venue so please let Eric know if you are coming. Contact Eric on 082 496 0113, or email@example.com