|Project 90 by 2030 was established as a national project of the Goedgedacht Trust in July 2007. We registered as our own Not for Profit Organisation (NPO) in July 2013. Our NPO number is 123-630.
Project 90 vision
We envision a world that sustains humanity, where people are valued & earth systems are preserved.
We are a change-focused organisation. Our aim is to inspire and bring about significant, positive change in the way we, as humans, engage with earth systems & each other.
Our name reflects our objective of a significant (90%) change by South Africans in how we engage with earth systems.
What we do
Project 90’s action and engagement is supported by seven pillars.
Board of Governors
Act as stewards & guide Project 90 towards its vision.
Operations & Finances
Ensure Project 90 and its programmes operate efficiently.
Offer diverse insight and expertise to add value to Project 90’s work.
Community Partnership Programme
Co-creating vibrant & sustainable communities – focusing on energy, water, justice and enterprise development.
Communicating Change Programme
Create tools to inform, support & inspire people in changing the way they live and engage with the environment.
Policy & Research Programme
Influence policy & decision makers and empower citizens in South Africa, towards affordable access to renewable energy & efficient use of natural resources.
Young Leaders Programme
Discover & nurture young South Africans to become environment-conscious leaders and decision makers.
Donate to our work
Sign up to our newsletter
Watch our films on our youtube channel
- Your geyser – does it help to turn it off and on?
- Carbon footprint: Letters versus emails
- Magazine responds to our letter of complaint
- Abalimi Bezekhaya: growing sustainable urban neighbourhoods
- Your chance to input into SA's climate change strategy
- Now you're cooking with (less) gas
- Wonderful Wonderbags
- We welcome three new volunteers
- Waste isn’t ‘waste’ until it’s wasted...
- Please sponsor Project 90 cyclists
Calculate your Carbon Footprint! Click below
- RT @melissafourie: 2.1˚C warming by 2100. And this is if all governments meet their promised #NetZero targets. This would be a disaster of… 1 day ago
- RT @350Africa: This week, 2 of the country’s public finance institutions, @DBSA_Bank and @IDCSouthAfrica have an opportunity to commit to s… 3 weeks ago
- Public development banks hold the key to pushing the narrative on what development looks like. We need public devel… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago