|Project 90 by 2030 was established as a national project of the Goedgedacht Trust in July 2007. We registered as our own Not for Profit Organisation (NPO) in July 2013. Our NPO number is 123-630.
Project 90 vision
We envision a world that sustains humanity, where people are valued & earth systems are preserved.
We are a change-focused organisation. Our aim is to inspire and bring about significant, positive change in the way we, as humans, engage with earth systems & each other.
Our name reflects our objective of a significant (90%) change by South Africans in how we engage with earth systems.
What we do
Project 90’s action and engagement is supported by seven pillars.
Board of Governors
Act as stewards & guide Project 90 towards its vision.
Operations & Finances
Ensure Project 90 and its programmes operate efficiently.
Offer diverse insight and expertise to add value to Project 90’s work.
Community Partnership Programme
Co-creating vibrant & sustainable communities – focusing on energy, water, justice and enterprise development.
Communicating Change Programme
Create tools to inform, support & inspire people in changing the way they live and engage with the environment.
Policy & Research Programme
Influence policy & decision makers and empower citizens in South Africa, towards affordable access to renewable energy & efficient use of natural resources.
Young Leaders Programme
Discover & nurture young South Africans to become environment-conscious leaders and decision makers.
Donate to our work
Sign up to our newsletter
Watch our films on our youtube channel
- Your geyser – does it help to turn it off and on?
- How to save water in your home
- Steaming hot property
- Investigating the costs of energy supply
- Beyond Preposterous – the corporate art of greenwashing
- Water, water everywhere, only if we share.
- Carbon footprint: Letters versus emails
- What does sustainable construction and lemon pie have in common?
- Wonderful Wonderbags
- Project 90 Mentors lead the way
Calculate your Carbon Footprint! Click below
- RT @EUinSA: We've launched the the "Energy SMART Citizens in Action Training Manual" in partnership with @Project90by2030 https://t.co/8sX… 5 days ago
- RT @KGOPOTSO1: @COP23 It's high time the vulnerable societies get informed and involved in decision making spaces even policy making @Proje… 1 week ago
- RT @WWFSouthAfrica: We hope you’re not a chronic water waster,but if you need some tips to lift your water-saving game, look no further htt… 2 weeks ago